How To Make Cannabis Chocolate: Your Step-by-Step Guide
Cannabis chocolate is a yummy edible treat that’s both delicious and really easy to make. Why make cannabis chocolate instead of the classic edible brownie? Not only are there fewer steps involved, but dosing cannabis chocolate is much easier as you can break the chocolate down into smaller edible pieces. If you have an oven, a double broiler, and a chocolate mold on hand, then you’re ready to make cannabis-infused chocolate. Let’s get started.
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS CHOCOLATE: DECARBOXYLATION AND CANNABUTTER
Before you can start making your chocolates, you need to prepare your cannabis.
Decarboxylation is the process of heating up your ground cannabis flower in order to activate its cannabinoid content. Decarboxylation will turn the THCA/CBDA in your cannabis into active THC/CBD. If you try to make cannabis infused chocolate without decarboxylated cannabis, you will waste your cannabis. Edibles must be made with “decarbed” flower to get the effects of the cannabinoid content and potency.
Here is how you can decarboxylate cannabis flower in your oven. While this process will take a little bit of time, it’s well worth doing in order to make the best and most effective cannabis chocolate possible.
After you’ve decarboxylated your cannabis, you should use it to make cannabutter, which can be used in your recipe.
Making cannabutter is not absolutely necessary, but is certainly a good idea. If you’re okay with having ground bud in your chocolate then you can skip making cannabutter and place your decarboxylated cannabis directly into your chocolate recipe (instead of butter). However, if you like to let the chocolate melt in your mouth and want a smooth textural experience, then we recommend making cannabutter with the decarbed bud, instead of adding ground cannabis directly to your recipe.
Not a fan of THC? No problem! You can always make your cannabutter with CBD-rich cannabis flower instead. The process is the same, just make sure you use a flower strain that has no THC or a higher ratio of CBD to THC.
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS CHOCOLATE: WHAT YOU’LL NEED
In addition to your cannabutter, you’ll also need a few other tools and ingredients to confect your cannabis chocolates. Here’s what you’re going to need:
- 1/3 cup cannabutter
- 4 cups melting chocolate
- Double broiler
- Chocolate molds
Once you’ve gathered and prepared everything, you can get down to baking.
CANNABIS CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Ready to get started? Here’s a quick and easy step-by-step cannabis chocolate recipe you can follow.
- Set your double broiler to high heat and add water.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low.
- Add 2 cups of melting chocolate and stir for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of chocolate and stir until the mixture is mostly lump-free.
- Add in the cannabutter and stir until it is completely melted.
- Once everything is melted in the broiler, carefully pour the mixture into the chocolate molds.
- Once filled, place the chocolate molds in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- Once the chocolates have solidified, remove them from the refrigerator.
- Place the chocolates in an air-tight container (tupperware or ziploc), label them clearly so no one accidentally ingests cannabis, and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat them.
CANNABIS CHOCOLATE AT GREENBEAN
Don’t have the time or tools to make your own chocolate? We understand! That’s why we’ve stocked our dispensary with a wide selection of cannabis edibles, including a variety of delicious cannabis chocolates. Stop by our dispensary today or check out our online menu right now to shop a wide selection of premium cannabis products that you’re sure to love!